Sunday, February 20, 2011

MBS Draft Results #3 (So sick of this)

We did MBS/MBS/SOM today instead of MBS/SOM/SOM like we should have. Naturally, it sucked. Here's my decklist:


// Bombs
Exsanguinate
Hellkite Igniter
Precursor Golem

// Creatures
Gnathosaur
Phyrexian Juggernaut
Darksteel Myr
Iron Myr
Goblin Gaveleer
Oxidda Daredevil
Phyrexian Rager
Blisterstick Shaman
Embersmith
Ogre Resister

// Removal
Turn to Slag
Contagion Clasp
Virulent Wound
Crush
Burn the Impure
// Other Spells
Morbid Plunder
Copper Carapace

// Sideboard
Spin Engine
Morbid Plunder
Ferrovore
Into the Core

// Unused
Razorfield Rhino
Loxodon Partisan
Hexplate Golem
Blunt the Assault
Spire Serpent
Horizon Spellbomb
Assault Strobe
Veldalken Anatomist
Brass Squire
AND A PILE OF GODDAMN GERM TOKENS.


 Look at that. Four Gnathosaurs. Four Morbid Plunders. All sorts of nonsense going on. And the worst part? Mine wasn't even close to the weirdest deck. I was sharing black with a guy who did infect, and I was sharing red with a guy who I didn't even play. The one guy who went blue at our table essentially had his pick of whatever he wanted. I don't even want to think of all the counterspells he got, but he told me he wound up with six serum rakers. If the shopkeeper tries to do a draft without two scars again I think I'm just gonna sit it out. It's not worth it. It's frustrating and stupid. All the shit in MBS kinda relies on the SOM packs too. I would have liked some real equipment to use with my brass squire, or some metalcraft for my rhino. but no, I get four gnathosaurs again.

 On the other hand, I got some kickass bombs. Hellkite igniter was simply amazing. Late game I normally have  an artifact out (I see seven in the deck at a glance, not alot but you go through alot of your deck by the time you have seven mana) and he has haste so he can get in there right away. Even if you spread the sickness on him he still gets his five in there.
 Exsanguinate is fireball. More people should take it. It is a great finisher imo. It can also be used as a last ditch effort to gain life and stall. It's a harcore stall breaker.
 Precursor Golem is just naturally good. It has some trouble with things like slice in twain and spread the sickness, but if you're careful it's great. Also, if you use the main golem as a chump blocker or something, and ressurect it a few times with morbid plunder you can fill the board with 3/3's. It's fun.

One more little note. Fuck germ tokens. MBS has some of the coolest zombie tokens ever, and I play two zombie decks (60 card and EDH). I have pulled about two zombie tokens out of all the MBS packs I've opened. How many germ tokens? Too fucking many. I would gladly trade germ tokens for zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment